Accel shorty header spark plugs #8199, 8-pack.
Accel's patented race proven spark plugs in a Shorty configuration. The overall length has been reduced 3/16 in to 3/8 in (depending on the specific spark plug) to gain critical air gap between the spark plug boot and the exhaust manifold or header tube. This helps eliminate burning the spark plug boot or dimpling the header tube. The shorter spark plug length also can make it easier to install an remove the spark plugs in certain applications where there is not a lot of room to fit a socket or move a wrench around. Accel Shorty Spark Plugs are made with a Copper core which is a better conductor than Platinum and Iridium. They deliver a stronger spark especially in high performance applications where high combustion pressures are present. Copper is much better at dissipating heat than other materials which lessens the chance of a misfire. Accel Shorty Spark Plugs are gapable allowing you to open the gap exposing a larger flame kernel or close it if needed for high boost applications. All Accel Shorty Spark Plugs have machine rolled threads allowing for a more precise thread engagement and torque retention.
- Shorty Spark Plugs For Tubular Exhaust Headers.
- Eliminates Dimpling Headers For Added Clearance.
- Improves Spark Plug Access To Fit Socket Or Wrench.
- Shorter Overall Plug Length Vs. OE Style Plug.
- Copper Core Center Electrode.
- Projected Tip.
- Helps Eliminate Burned Spark Plug Boots.
- Shorty Header Spark Plug, .460" reach, tapered seat.