RaceFlux 3/4" ID Fire-Retardant Silicone Fiberglass Hose Sleeve
RaceFlux fire-retardant silicone fiberglass sleeving is designed to protect hoses, wires and cables from intense heat and flame at continuous temperatures up to 500°F and intermittent temperatures up to 3,000°F. This type of sleeving is commonly used in aerospace and motorsport applications to protect critical components in the event of an engine compartment fire.
We recommend using this sleeve on any hoses that run in close proximity to engine headers or exhaust. The high abrasion resistance of silicone also makes this sleeve suitable for protecting its contents from abrasion.
RaceFlux's silicone sleeve is extremely flexible, non-conductive, and will not melt or become brittle with time. In the event of direct exposure to flame, the external silicone layer transforms into a protective, non-flammable silica (SiO2) coating while the fiberglass inner layer provides insulation from radiant heat.
Available in pre-cut 3 foot (1 meter), 13 foot (4 meter) and 65 foot (20 meter) lengths.
- 3/4" ID (suitable for -8AN to -10AN hose)
- Operating Temperatures:
- -65°F (-54°C) minimum continuous
- 500°F (260°C) maximum continuous
- 2,000°F (1,090°C) intermittent 15-20 minutes
- 3,000°F (1,650°C) intermittent 15-30 seconds
- Recommended cutting: scissors or knife
- Abrasion resistance: excellent
- Chemical resistance*:
- Aromatic Solvents - 1
- Alipahtic Solvents - 1
- Chlorinated Solvents - 1
- Weak Bases - 1
- Strong Bases - 1
- Salt Water - 1
- Hydraulic Fluid (MIL-H-5606) - 1
- Lubricating Oil (MIL-A-8243) - 1
- De-Icing Fluid (MILA-8243) - 1
- Strong Acids - 2
- Strong Oxidants - 2
- Esters/Keytones - 1
- UV Light - 1
- Petroleum - 1
- Fungus (ASTM G-21) - 1
- Salts - 1
* Key (1) No Effect, (2) Little Effect, (3) Affected, (4) More Affected, (5) Severely Affected