Pertronix Second-Strike ignition box.
Second Strike is the only ignition system to provide a powerful second spark throughout the entire RPM range. Other multiple spark discharge systems typically revert to one spark at about 3000 RPM. The "Second Strike" is a microcontroller based ignition supplement that works with most inductive type systems. Following the primary spark, the Second Strike delivers a powerful capacitive discharge second spark resulting in more complete combustion. At very high RPM's the increased burn time can reduce misfires resulting in more peak horsepower and torque. Second Strike's unique crank angle offset (CAO) feature gives you tunability that no other box has. Simply turn the dial and change the time, in crank angle degrees, that the second spark occurs. A wide range of adjustment gives you the flexibility to find which CAO works best for your engine. The integrated digital rev limiter features easy to use rotary switches that adjust the RPM limit to an ultra fine resolution of 100 RPMs, eliminating the need for old resistor style pills or chips. Proprietary algorithms provide superior control of rev limit and a rapid response time to over rev events, preventing engine failure.
• Only system to provide a second spark throughout the RPM range.
• Powerful CD second spark resulting in more complete combustion.
• Increased burn time increases horsepower and torque at high RPMs.
• Unique (CAO) feature adjusts the timing of the second spark.
• Built-in digital rev limiter with high resolution.
• Digital rotary switches permit easy adjustment.
• Adaptive voltage feature prevents overdriving the ignition coil.
• Voltage protection prevents damage from reversed polarity.
• Tachometer output with TTL interface and near 50% duty cycle make our limiters compatible with most modern tachometers.