Pertronix Flame-Thrower Race HEI distributor Pontiac 301/455, non vacuüm advance.
Race HEI units use all new components and feature an electronic module and coil combination that optimizes spark energy and peak current to the spark plug in the 6000 to 8500 RPM range. Compared to our street or strip version, race units produce 42 percent more energy with 46 percent faster spark breakdown time allowing 48 percent more peak current to reach the spark plug. This abundant energy doubles the spark intensity during the critical one millisecond of burn time. Great for both circle track and drag race applications where factory type HEI distributors are mandated. Product Features:
- New lightweight A384 cast aluminum alloy housing
- Aligned and honed high quality bronze sintered bushings for reduced friction and extended life
- Centerless ground corrosion resistant shaft reduces friction and provides concentric operation
- RACE ONLY 7.2 amp module and 50,000 volt coil
- Distributor gear is ground to exact tolerances for tighter mesh with cam (Bronze distributor gear available)