Red Line 75W85 GL-5 gear oil
These products contain the extreme pressure additives necessary for ultimate protection road cars and racing vehicles, as well as friction modifiers (except NS) for proper limited-slip operation.
- Popular in many late model BMW, Dodge, Ford, GM, Jeep, Lexus, Mercedes-Benz, Ram, Toyota.
- Applications include differential oil, final drive oil, gear oil and transfer case fluid.
- Contains additional friction modifiers for suitability with clutch-type limited slip differentials - for most LSDs, no additional friction modifiers are required.
- This product is not designed for use in most manual transmissions or transaxles with synchronizers, as extreme slipperiness may cause shifting problems.
- Known formerly as LightWeight Gear Oil.
- Also popular in many Formula racing transaxles, including Hewland LD-200 and FTR sequential.
- Satisfies the gear oil viscosity requirements of SAE 75W80, 75W, 80W and 85W, as well as SAE 30 and SAE 10W30 motor oil.
- Fully-synthetic formulas created from polyol ester base stocks, offer excellent lubrication under extreme conditions.
- Ester base stocks and friction modifiers (except NS) provide additional slipperiness to lower operating temperatures by reducing the sliding friction in hypoid gears.
- High viscosity-index (VI) to provide relatively constant viscosity and film thickness with varying temperature change.
- Superior shear stability and reduced oxidation compared to other synthetics and conventional gear oils.
- Exceed API GL-5 specifications.
- Engineered to provide the highest degree of protection and improvement of differential efficiency for better mileage, longer drain intervals, and less wear.